Becky’s Tempeh Veggie Stroganoff
New Tempeh Girl, Becky shows off he debut recipe with this to-die-for Tempeh Veggie Stroganoff.
• 1 t Olive oil
• 8oz. Package tempeh, sliced 1/4”
• 1-2 T soy sauce
• 2 medium onions, quartered
• 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced 1”
• 1 medium red pepper, sliced 1” strips
• 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced thin
• 1/4 Cup water, as needed to steam veggies
• 1 bunch fresh spinach or swiss chard, cleaned and steamed
• 8 ounces Fusilli Pasta
• 1 8oz. jar mushroom gravy base, dilute with water as per instructions on the jar
(Imagine makes a boxed vegetarian mushroom gravy so you can just pour it right out!)
• 4oz. Vegan sour cream or organic sour cream
• 1 T Vegetarian Worcestershire
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add Tempeh strips and coat with soy sauce and cook, turning until both sides are browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add the onions, carrot, red pepper, and garlic to the hot skillet. Add a few tablespoons of water to create steam. Add water as needed to steam to veggies. This should take about 5 mins.
Then return the tempeh to the pan (or hold off to top the pasta with) with the veggies along with the mushroom gravy, water, vegan sour cream , and vegan Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
Serve over Fusilli pasta and top with steamed spinach. Set the Worcestershire sauce bottle on the table for additional seasoning as required to taste. Serves 4