Indonesian Curried Tempeh
Inspired by my (delicious) travels in Indonesia
• 8oz Package Tempeh, either cubed or cut intp strips
• 2 T Olive oil
• 2 T tamari
• 2 Bell peppers, any color, sliced
• 1 Onion, chopped
• 1 Sweet potato (or garnet yam), cubed
• 1 Shallot (or garlic clove), chopped
• 1 Can organic coconut milk
• 1/2 Cup, fresh basil, chopped
• 1 T curry powder
• Cooked Rice or Quinoa
Heat oil in a large sauté pan and sauté tempeh in the tamari until browned. In a separate sauté pan, sauté the peppers, onions, sweet potato and shallot or chopped garlic clove for 10 min or until the veggies are tender and slightly browned.
Add the veggies into the large skillet and add the coconut milk, basil and curry, cook for approx. 10 min. Serve over rice or quinoa.